Public Works - Old URL

Water Tap Application 

(Must obtain permit from Planning and Development before application will be approved)

- Required for new construction that requires new water service  (tap and/or meter) or existing customers that require replacement or up-sizing of  their existing service (tap / meter, see further requirements included on form by clicking on link above)

Fire Hydrant Meter Check-Out Form

$1200.00 deposit required 

Right-of-Way Construction Permit

Any contractor that plans to excavate in any City of Canyon Right-of-Way must obtain a permit


  1. Dan Reese

    Dan Reese

    Director of Public Works

  2. Public Works

    Physical Address
    301 16th Street
    Canyon, TX 79015

    Fax: 806-655-5044
    Emergency Phone: 806-468-5751