Electrical Contractor


An electrical contractor is an individual, firm, corporation or partnership who performs electrical work on a building or structure, which requires an electrical permit shall be licensed with the state as an electrical contractor and shall register his state license with the city.

To be licensed as an electrical contractor with the state, that person must be either a master electrician licensed by the state or shall employ a master electrician licensed by the state. The Master Electrician shall also be separately registered within the City.

Items Required for Registration

  • Copy of renewed State Electrical Contractor license
  • Copy of renewed State Master Electrician license
  • Liability insurance policy of no less than the State required minimum with the City of Canyon named as the certificate holder
  • City Registration Form

Return all items completed to the:
Director of Planning & Development
301 16th St.
Canyon, TX 79015

If you have questions, call the Planning & Development Department at (806) 655-5014 option 6.