Read the full document here.
2023 Zoning Ordinance Update
The Zoning Regulations are currently being updated for approval. Stakeholder and resident feedback is encouraged with three options for participation:
- Public Meeting – Tuesday, October 3rd at the Cole Community Center (300 16th Street, Canyon, TX 79015) from 12:00 – 1:00 pm or 5:30 – 6:30 pm. This in-person meeting will have a short presentation and a chance for document review, questions and feedback.
- Zoom – Residents unable to attend in person can sign up to attend a virtual meeting on Wednesday, October 4th at 2:00 pm on Zoom. Interested participants can sign up for the Zoom option using the form below.
- Emailed Comments – Online commenting is also available for residents wishing to submit their thoughts or questions online. Comments online can be made through Friday, October 6th by filling out the form here.
The City of Canyon is sectioned into various zoning districts. Each district has specific regulations pertaining to types of use, area regulations, building set-backs, etc. The following links contain tables that summarize district area regulations, building set-backs and building heights.
To find out if a particular use is allowed in your zoning district see Table 1-1 Summary Use Chart in our Zoning Ordinance and the following link to our Code of Ordinances.
- Zoning Lot Dimensions (PDF)
- Single Family Agricultural Residential (SF-A) Table 2-1 (PDF)
- Single Family Estate Residential (SF-E) Table 2-2 (PDF)
- Single Family Suburban Residential (SF-S) Table 2-3 (PDF)
- Single Family Village Residential (SF-V) Table 2-4 (PDF)
- Duplex and Multi-Family Attached Residential (2F, MF) Table 2-5 (PDF)
- Retail / Commercial District (RC-1, RC-2, RC-3) Table 3-2 (PDF)
- Industrial District (I-1, I-2) Table 3-3 (PDF)