What should I expect when requesting a court date (Pre-Trial Hearings)?

Prior to the day of trial, you must attend a docket. At this docket, the court will go over your rights at trial. You may also request to speak to the prosecutor and receive a plea offer. If you and the prosecutor can agree on a way to resolve your case (plea agreement), your plea will be present to the court at the docket. Most cases are resolved this way, but the court it not required to follow the plea agreement. If the court decides not to follow the plea agreement, you may withdraw your plea and the court will set your case for trial.

If you and the prosecutor cannot reach a plea agreement or if you do not wish to speak with the prosecutor, then the court will visit with you about how to resolve your case.

Show All Answers

1. How can I make my payment or payment plan?
2. I want to obtain a marriage license, birth certificate or child support orders?
3. Is the Municipal Court open to the public?
4. How do I find out the amount of my fine?
5. How may I resolve my citation online?
6. How do I see a judge/What are the court times?
7. What if I don’t agree with my citation and want to contest it?
8. How do I keep a citation from going on my driving record?
9. Why does my citation not appear in the system?
10. How may I check to see if my ticket is in warrant status?
11. When is my court date?
12. What is the court attire?
13. How do I request time served?
14. How do I request community service?
15. What should I expect when requesting a court date (Pre-Trial Hearings)?
16. I missed my court date. What are my options?
17. I received a ticket for no insurance or unconfirmed insurance but I have insurance?
18. I have a CDL (Commercial License)or had a CDL at the time of my violation?
19. Where can I learn more about Driving Safety Course or Deferred Disposition for dismissing a citation?
20. If I have a warrant, will I get arrested when I appear in person voluntarily at the court?
21. I received a letter from Department of Public Safety regarding the suspension of my driver's license. How can I get this corrected?